Experiencing a hot water heater fault can be disappointing, especially during winter. However, the assurance that DIY enthusiasts in Omaha, NE, can replace it independently, as seen in the attached video, is a significant relief. Real estate property owners can fix the problem by using this simple hot water heater replacement guide to fix the problem.
• Shut off all the utilities to the water heater.
• Empty the water heater tank
• Disconnect the cold and water lines from the water heating system
• For gas heaters, detach the water heater outlet
• Replace the damaged water heater system with a new one
Remove the damaged water heater and install the new one with the help of an appliance dolly. Where water heaters should be transferred from one story to another, DIY enthusiasts or home appliance technicians can hire a helper to assist them in executing the work.
After completing the replacement process, wheel the water heater back into position and line it up with the existing plumbing connections. Shim under the legs to ensure it’s leveled up accordingly.