Are you in the market for new patio furniture? Are you looking for a detached garage for your house? Are you looking for long-lasting, durable, quality furniture?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, Amish furniture might be just what you’re looking for. Since it first gained favor in the 1920s, Amish furniture has long been lauded for its beauty, durability, attention to detail and quality.
Customer surveys have indicated that furniture is something the average person holds dear. It’s not hard to see why. Furniture is one of the most important purchases a person will make in their lifetime and when people buy furniture, they want to make sure they’re getting something that’s going to last. In a survey of 2,000 customers, 95.1% said they ‘expect furniture to last for many years and more than 90% of responders said they plan to keep wood furniture for at least 15 years.
Another survey found that more than 70% of respondents agreed that, “The design of my furniture reflects my personal statement. A lot can be said about a person from the furniture they own.” Being as unique and beautiful as it is, Amish-built items like Amish sheds, Amish furniture and Amish garages give people a chance to reflect a little bit of their personality.
So if you’re looking for new furniture or other items, keep the following things in mind:
- All Amish furniture you see, 100% of it, is hand-crafted. So if you’re curious about the quality of an Amish built garage, know that it’s absolutely handmade, hand assembled and is of good quality.
- Most Amish furniture is made from one of five types of wood: oak, cherry, maple, walnut and hickory. So when it comes to the quality of an Amish built garage or different types of furniture, you’ll have a something that’s easy to maintain and you’ll have plenty of options when it comes to the look of your pieces. So if you’re partial to cherry wood or hickory, you’ll be able to find what you’re looking for.
- If you’re wanting to add a detached garage and are wondering about the quality of an Amish built garage, know that there are two types of Amish furniture. There’s mission, which is plainer furniture and shaker, which is “fancier” Amish furniture marked by carvings and designs as part of a piece’s structure.
- Buying Amish furniture helps the Amish preserve their culture and reaffirms their proud traditions.
- Amish furniture usually takes about eight weeks to build and you can expect to wait 12-16 weeks if you order online. As far as price goes, Amish furniture is comparable to mass-produced furniture and in some cases, it might cost less even though it is of higher quality. Another bonus of ordering online is that you can be involved in the building process, whether you’re selecting the wood or other features of whatever you want built.
If you’re in need of extra space and looking into the quality of an Amish built garage or Amish custom shed, it also is important to determine how much space you’re going to need. Once you’ve determined that, add 25% more, accounting for any future storage needs. Amish garages focus on giving homeowners a durable, spacious enclosure. If you do by an Amish built garage, you’ll be getting something that will last 15-20 years.
Depending on what your needs are, Amish built garages can give a homeowner all the space they need. If you purchase a two-story garage for example, you have plenty of space for one or two cars and ample room for other important pieces of yard equipment such as lawnmowers, tools and snow blowers. If the first story of the garage is used for parking cars, the second story can be turned into a storage area or perhaps even a rec room for some rest and relaxation.
With a unique look, durability and high quality, there are numerous benefits to buying Amish furniture, whether you’re buying living room furniture, outdoor furniture or something like a shed or a garage. You’ll be getting something that’s going to hold up over time and gives you a chance to show off a little but about who you are.