If you own your own home, you may not spend that much time thinking about the siding on your home. That is too bad because it can have a big impact on the value of your property. When siding on a house becomes old or worn out, it can take as much as 10% from the value of a home. By contrast, having a new siding installation done on your home can bring a return on investment (ROI) of about 81.6%. The problem is that many people are not sure when they need a new siding installation to be done. Here are some clues that you need a siding contractor to come in and replace it for you:
- It is blistering or peeling. When you are looking at paint, you probably know that it is never a good sign if it is peeling or blistering. The same is true when you are looking at the siding on a home. If your home is in a place that makes it subjected to large amounts of water or heat, you may find yourself in a position to have these problems with your siding. If you see that, you need to being in siding contractors to identify the cause of your problems and give you things you can do to prevent it in the future. The last thing you want to do is spring for a new siding installation to be done only to have the problem repeat itself.
- Hail has been hitting your home. If you live in a place that experiences all four seasons, you may live in a part of the country that has to deal with hail. Hail can do a lot of damage to your siding, roofing and other things at your home. One of the reasons many homeowners opt for different types of vinyl siding to be put in is to protect their home from weather issues such as hail. After some time of dealing with hail, you may have to give up the goat and have a new siding installation done on your home.
- The color looks terrible. This may not sound like a real reason to have a new siding installation done but it is. The color you had put in may have been the “in” color when you had your siding installed but that does not mean the color will be popular forever. After some time, you may want to have a new color of siding put in to increase the value of your home and make it look better overall. This is really only an issue if you are looking to sell your place. Problems with the color can also be that it has become too faded to really see. Whether it is old or faded, the color of your siding can tell you when you need a siding replacement done.
- The natives have been eating your signage. Most people have found feelings about deer and other animals that may venture onto your property. The problem is that many animals and insects would like nothing more than to dine on your siding. If you have problems with pests, and even if you do not, when they start munching on your home, it may indicate that you need new siding put on your house.
- Your utility bills are going up. No one likes to pay high energy bills. Most homeowners will do whatever they can to lower their utility bills. If you are not using more power in your home but your energy bills are going nowhere but up, the problem may be with the siding on your home. If you are not sure, you can have someone from the power company come to your home and let you know if the problem means you need a new siding installation to be done on your house.
There are a lot of things that your house’s siding can do for you. It can protect your house and keep wind and water at bay. Like the other parts of your home, siding does not last forever. Keep an eye on it to know when the time has come to replace it.